23 Oct 2017
So I thought it was time to start a blog. I’m learning so much in my day-to-day job that it seems silly not to share it with the world.
Some things about me…
- I am a self-taught programmer with a degree in English literature. Like many woman in the industry I didn't realise I liked coding until after I had graduated. Sometimes this makes me feel like I've fallen behind my fellow coders and other times I feel like I gained a lot from studying what I did. Perhaps a post for another day?
- When I'm not coding, you can find me rock climbing, tramping, or reading and writing science fiction.
- This year I founded a science fiction magazine called Sponge which publishes short fiction from NZ and Pacific writers.
- I work for a startup called Mish Guru, helping to build their Snapchat management and analytics platform. We work in an open-plan workspace in town and have colleagues all over the world.
- I have two adorable burmese cats named Vienna and Ash.
- I am terrible at updating blogs!!
Let’s hope I can fix that last one.
Over and out!